Cisco Certified Designed Professional is the acronym of CCDP. This certification validates the principles as well as advanced knowledge of network design concepts. With the help of CCDP certification, it determines to design and also to create advanced routing and addressing, network management, security, data center, Multicast complex in IP which is multilayered architectures including wireless applications/domains as well as private networking. The curriculum of CCDA certification includes building up of multilayered switched networking, building up of internetworks that are scalable and network architecture designing.
In order to obtain this CCDP certification, candidate must hold their CCNA as well as CCDA certification. This is the main eligibility for appearing to CCDP examination. If a candidate is holding the main eligibility, then the candidate can attend this CCDP certification examination.
CCDA certification examination:
CCDA certification examination shall be classified in to 2 routes. One is two exams route and the other route is three exams. Candidate can choose any one route to obtain the certification.
1) BSCI (Building up of scalable Cisco Internetworks) or 642-901 BSCI which is of 90 minutes duration.
2) BCMSN (Building up of Cisco multilayer Switched networks) or 642-812 BCMSN which is of 90 minutes duration.
3) ARCH (designing of Cisco networking service architectures) or 642-871 ARCH which is 90 minutes duration with approximately 65 questions.
1) BSCI (Building up of scalable Cisco Internetworks) and BCMSN (Building up of Cisco multilayer Switched networks) or 642-892 composite- combined examination in 2 hours duration.
2) ARCH (designing of Cisco networking service architectures) or 642-871 ARCH which is 90 minutes duration with approximately 65 questions.
The only difference between the two routes exams is one combined examination in route 2. The exam pattern will be of multiple choice questions, simulations as well as drag and drop etc. Candidate can take their exam in any of the Pearson VUE test center or prometric test center.
Certification validity is up to 3 years. After this validity period, recertification exam has to be taken by passing any current CCIE exam or any 642 professional level examinations. Examination fee is charged to the candidates for appearing the examination.